Web development has become a vast field. With the introduction of latest technologies, tools, frameworks, languages, platforms etc on the day-to-day basis, it is very difficult to find good and quality resources.
Also read : 5 Free Web Design Books PDF Download
There are so many awesome developers, designers, bloggers and companies who release new Softwares, projects, frameworks and other stuff to make this industry better.
It is not easy to learn all the tools, techniques and frameworks, finding good resources isn’t easy and reading official documentation is sometimes not very helpful.
eBooks are very popular to learn and develop new skills. There are so many free books are available to learn web design and development.
In this article, I will list some useful and FREE eBooks about WordPress, HTML, CSS, Responsive web design and other topics. These free eBooks will give a ton of information, tips and techniques.
How To Setup A WordPress Site On Bluehost Step By Step Tutorial
All books are free to download but email registration may be required to download some free ebooks.
Dive Into HTML5
This book is written by MARK PILGRIM with contribution from the community. You can read complete book Online free. You can also buy ( print format ) titled HTML5: Up and Running by Mark Pilgrim.
They work hard to add and update content, links, APIs, and actively maintain this fine resource; refreshing and reflecting the relevant and current state of HTML5.
Read online: http://diveintohtml5.info/
Master Sass Syllabus
If you want to improve your CSS workflow, Sass can help you. You can start learning Sass free. Paul Scrivens has published a complete guide Master Sass, You will learn about Sass and SCSS Syntax, variables, Mixins, Function Directives and other features of Sass.
I created this course so that there is no more fear about learning something new. If you are learning CSS or are already a CSS expert that doesn’t use Sass, then go through this course to see the benefits that it can provide. Paul Scrivens
Visit Master Sass Syllabus Homepage
Mobile and Multi device design : Lesson Learned
Lukew Wroblewski is an internationally recognized digital product leader. He is currently a Product Director at Google. Mobile and Multi-Device Design: Lessons Learned book compiles the articles he published over the past two years about Polar’s (accquired by Google) mobile and multi-device design decisions.
What you can download
- A beautiful iBook complete with hidden treats and awesome videos.
- A PDF of the same content and layout but without the slick UI and videos.
- You can also read The original Web pages published on Lukew’s blog from 2012-2014.
Read more details about Mobile and Multi-Device Design: Lessons Learned
The Smashing Editor’s Choice: A Free eBook
SmashingMagazine is a very popular website for web designers and developers. They publish high-quality articles, tutorials and ebooks.
The Smashing Editor’s Choice is a free eBook that contains a wide range of topics, including new coding techniques, user experience strategies, responsive design and mobile solutions by some incredibly prolific and knowledgeable authors. Well-known names such as Lea Verou, Christian Heilmann and Dmitry Fadeyev have contributed fascinating chapters on various subjects.
An email registration is required to download this free eBook.
Download Link: The Smashing Editor’s Choice: A Free eBook
Web Designers Success Guide
Web Designer’s Success Guide is the definitive guide to starting your own freelance Web design business. In this book Kevin Airgid gives designers step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the following:
- Transition from full-time to self-employment
- Freelance on the side to make additional income
- Find new clients and keep them coming back for more
- Market your freelance business
- Manage your projects professionally
- Price your services appropriately
Please note I wrote this book in 2006, much of the technology information is out of date. The information about general freelancing is still useful. enjoy this book please consider making a donation to WWF Canada.
You can download this free eBook without any registration or email confirmation.
Download link: Web Designers Success Guide (Free eBook)
Mobile UI Design Patterns 2014 + 10 other free eBooks by UXPIN
Pinterest, Spotify, Uber, Instagram, Dropbox, Flipboard, Mailbox, Yelp – they all use mobile UI design patterns explained in this e-book.
carefully picked 46 mobile UI design patterns, over 100 pages
concise and pragmatic: illustrated example, user problem and design solution.
An email registration is required to download this eBook
Download Link: Mobile UI Design Patterns 2014
10 more free ebook by UXPIN
Knowledge Wants To Be Free: That’s Why uxpin is Giving Away As Much Of It As they Can. 11 free ebooks are available for download.
here is a list of other ebooks by uxpin.
- Web UI Design Best Practices
- User Testing and Design – Improving Yelp’s Website
- The Guide to UX Design Process & Documentation
- The Guide to Minimum Viable Products
- Web UI Design Patterns 2014
- The Guide to Wireframing
- Mobile Book of Trends 2014
- The User Experience Guide Book For Product Managers
- Web Design Book of Trends
- UX Design for Startups
Visit http://uxpin.com/knowledge.html to download your favorite book.
Contracts for Graphic Designers and Software Developers
crowdSPRING offers 2 free ebooks for graphic designer and software developers to understand and protect their rights. No email registration is required to download these ebooks.
Contracts for Graphic Designers
If you are a designer and love creating original work that is protected by copyright, then this eBook is for you.
Contracts For Designers Who Hate Contracts is a quick, 20 page read and crowdSPRING have shared a template agreement that you can modify for your own use.
You can download this ebook quickly, email registration is not required to download this free eBook.
Download: Contracts for Graphic Designers
Contracts For Software Developers Who Hate Contracts
This is another free ebook by crowdSPRING for software developer who creates original work that is protected by copyright. This book will help you to understand and protect your rights, if you are a software developer.
Download: Contracts For Software Developers Who Hate Contracts
This books is Written by Marijn Haverbeke. Licensed under a Creative Commons attribution non-commercial license. All code in this book may also be considered licensed under an MIT license.
This is the second edition of this book by Kraig Brockschmidt. If you want to develop apps for Windows Store, then this is perfect book for you.
You can read more details about this book at MSDN blog post. You can download PDF, EPUB or Mobi for Kindle file.
17 More free books from Microsoft Press
There are many other books are also available for free download at Microsoft virtual academy. You can download books about Windows, Windows Server, Windows Azure, App Development and Microsoft System center.
Title of other free eBooks
- Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition
- Introducing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Building Cloud Apps with Microsoft Azure
- Introducing Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals
- Rethinking Enterprise Storage: A Hybrid Cloud Model
- Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals
- Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition
- .NET Technology Guide for Business Applications
- Microsoft System Center: Integrated Cloud Platform
- Microsoft System Center: Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Microsoft System Center: Building a Virtualized Network SolutionIntroducing Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- Microsoft System Center: Designing Orchestrator Runbooks
- Microsoft System Center: Configuration Manager Field Experience
- Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App ControllerMicrosoft System Center: Troubleshooting Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center: Optimizing Service Manager
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2014
You can download all books from http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/ebooks
These are more than 35 free books, it’s time to download your favorite book and start learning and developing new skills.
Leave a Reply